Conference & Technology FAQs
When attending the Cultural Arts LIVE conference, we want you and your students to have a smooth virtual experience. We've chosen two technology platforms in order to share the sessions with as many schools, educators and students as possible within all 100 NC counties.
How do I join a session as an Educator?
Educators will join the conference via Zoom.
- Links to the Zoom rooms will open up before each session and are found on your Cultural Arts LIVE page when logged in.
- Educators teaching in-person should broadcast the Zoom session for their students in the classroom.
- Note: Link to evaluation and CEU certificates will be in the Zoom chat at the end of each session.
How do my students attend the sessions virtually?
Students will join the conference sessions via Vimeo live stream.
- Educators with virtual students will share the sessions with their students via a Vimeo live stream link.
- A link for each session is available when logged into your Cultural Arts LIVE page. You can go ahead and share this link!
- Educators will be able to control the particpation of their students however they choose.
- Questions/comments will be shared by the teacher via Zoom chat.
- Your students will NOT have to download Vimeo or log in -- simply click play.
How will I access these two platforms? How will this look?
How can we best include our virtual students?
- Be sure to chat and interact with the sessions with Zoom as the teacher. Students will use the Vimeo live stream (view-only).
- Consider setting up a Google Meet, Google form or familiar platform to your students for discussion during the sessions.
- Pass along questions and comments from your students, if so desired, via Zoom.
Will sessions be available to view after the conference?
Yes! As with the previous NC Student Connect conferences, we will post the recordings in the weeks following the conference. This is a great way to revisit sessions or check out new sessions. We will email you to let you know when recordings are live on the site.
How do I get my CEU certificate?
Link to evaluation and CEU certificates will be in the Zoom chat at the end of each session. The link will also be sent out after the conference and posted to the website for you to access and complete later.
I can't find the answer to my question. How do I get help?
Please reach out to us with your questions before and during the conference. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.